Thursday 11 February 2010

Today's ensemble

The most deceptive weather of all time: sunny with clear skies...but bitterly cold with an icy breeze every few seconds. It's so deceiving and confusing. It's cold, so you want to bundle up, but it's sunny, so you feel stupid wearing too many layers as your brains tells you that the sun is out and you should be wearing a dress!
Grr.

Solution? Compromise. The two-fold weather means that you can experiment with the sweater dress craze. So while you're craving summer and keep eyeing those flimsy sun dresses, replace that need to wear a dress with warm, thick, woolly, knitted dresses - they'll keep you warm and the knitted fabric will give you a casual but sophisticated 60s look for the modern day.
Grey's been my choice of colour lately, it's not as severe or standard as black, and adds a subtle elegance to a casual look.
Swap the stiff and restricting skinny jeans for soft, black wool tights that'll keep your legs warm and feeling slinky as well. With a knit dress that's monochrome and quite plain, I'd jazz it up with a pair of sexy, lace-up, long black boots.


As for a coat, either a black or grey coat would work, but I'm sticking with my grey mac - it's simple, classy, with a touch of Bogart, but with a feminine finishing.

Sidenote: I live in Brighton. I shop in Brighton. More specifically, I shop in the North Laines, which is a Bohemian haven for independent stores and funky little shops that sell one of a kind outfits. Therefore, I have to resort to finding online versions of my clothes (which drives me up the wall; also, my camera is shit, so taking pics of clothes is currently a no-no). But luckily, the items I've put up today are pretty awesome faithful representations of the clothes I am actually wearing right now! :)

So there you go: my outfit for today. xx

2 comments:

  1. BUY THOSE BOOTS AT ONCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could - but have lost the link! I bet I can find similar ones in Brighton at some point...

    ReplyDelete