Friday 12 February 2010

The Ballad of Czolgosz - Assassins

Incredibly, insanely, insufferably obsessed with this song at the moment: 'The Ballad of Czolgosz', from Stephen Sondheim's musical 'Assassins', as sung by the one and only Neil Patrick Harris. Fell in love with it the second I heard it, and just can't stop listening to it!! last.fm says I've exceeded my limit and won't let me play it anymore....today. Hah. Have no fear, I shall return!

And it's not just the song, it's NPH's voice as well! He sounds amazing. It's just such a catchy, upbeat tempo with simple and rhythmic storytelling lyrics, and so much fun to sing.

Meanwhile, a lovely person has uploaded the NPH version up on youtube:



Stephen Sondheim in a freakin' genius. Have a listen - I guarantee it'll get stuck in your head :)
Damn, I wish I was a Broadway musical star.

"Some men have everything
And some have none,
That's by design..."

No comments:

Post a Comment